E-Twinning is an online platform designed by the European Commission and aimed at creating a community where teachers from all the European countries can work toghether to innovate the education provision. The portal offers a wide range of very intercative activities:
– Partner search to find like-minded teachers from other countries to collaborate with
– Creation of educational projects for all ages of learners
– Implementation of projects through the “twinspace” which offers the possibility of real time online cooperation
– Participation in online training events for teachers led by experts in different areas.
The most successful collaboration projects carried on E-Twinning are awared every year at national and European level. Since it can take some time to get familiar with all the possibility made available by E-Twinning, initial users can take this online course (https://stm.etwinning.net/en/pub/index.htm).
Examples of application:
This platform has a gallery of projects implemented online by teachers which can be browsed after registration and then replicated. Projects are very useful to work on different key competences thanks to the themes that can be addressed and the strong interaction of students with different cultures and languages.
Projects on E-Twinning adapts very well to blended mobility, in fact they allow to structure an online learning activiity which can be finalised with an exchanged of students.
These are practical examples of E-Twinning projects:
– BELL Business Economics Language Learning
– Does the earth have borders? Migration and Human-Rights
– Employability- “A challenge for youth- Dreams and Reality”
|Type of Interaction: synchronous|
|Language: multiple languages|
|Available for free: YES|
|Suggested for working with: entire class, groups of students, teachers|
|Related Tools: Canvas, Moodle, Khan Academy, Edmodo, Blackboard, Schoology, Nearpod, Wakelet, Google Classroom, Weschool, Treccani Scuola|